8 Simple Ways to Look Younger Naturally
How to Look Younger Naturally
As we age, many of us are wanting to look younger and are looking for easy ways to slow the aging process with more natural methods. Of course, getting older is a fact of life, but why not do some simple things to help slow that process a bit.
Some people want remedies like the fountain of youth that will make them look as young as possible. Unfortunately, many people choose medical treatments instead of more healthy alternatives.
Natural Tips to Look Younger
Here are things you can do that will help you look younger naturally. There is no reason to have to opt for injections or invasive surgeries like a facelift or liposuction. Check out these gentler ways to look younger than you really are:
- Get Plenty of Sleep – Your body rejuvenates itself at night at the time when you get your best sleep. You will notice fewer lines and less puffy eyes. If you find yourself waking up at 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning, try diffusing essential oils, taking natural herbs, or applying essential oils before bed. Although there are drugs available, you will want to avoid those because they do not work naturally with your body. Essential oils have helped so many people from babies through the elderly to be able to get a natural good night’s rest.
- Watch How You Dress – Are you dressing in the same style of clothing that your daughter or granddaughter wears? Even though it seems like you would look younger, it actually makes you look older and a bit odd. There are plenty of beautiful clothes for people of all ages. If you’re not sure what good fashion looks like for your age, just search Pinterest! Make sure you have a good bra or 4. If you don’t have one, get to a good department store and have someone help you get fitted for a bra that looks great on you.
- Stand up Tall – Just because you’re getting older doesn’t mean you have to slouch or have “old” posture. You’ve come through a lot in life, so stand up tall and wear a smile. Then when people notice your confidence they will think you are younger than you are.
- Eat Good Foods – Our metabolisms slow as we get older so increased weight can become a problem. I’ve had to come to the conclusion that I can’t eat the same way that I did when I was 20. But maybe I should have been eating better back then too. Eating a plant-based diet has done wonders for me, so if you’re interested in a simple plan for better health, check out Forks Over Knives on Netflix or DVD. It will open your eyes to the good foods to eat. They have great cookbooks to that help tremendously. Keep your weight on track, make your skin glow and your blood healthy by eating foods with beneficial properties.
- Keep Your Body Moving – Even if you’re tired or think that you don’t have time, there are plenty of ways to get your body moving. Whether you walk, lift weights, use an exercise bike, jump on a mini trampoline, or something else, if you do it consistently over time, you will get results. A simple walk every other day can even increase your energy. Figure out what you like to do for exercise and do it at least every other day! No matter what exercise you choose, getting your body moving can drop years from your body and mind.
- Don’t Cake on the Makeup – You’ll appear much younger than you really are if you use makeup more to enhance your natural assets rather than attempting to cover up the flaws. Find someone you know who is good with makeup and have them give you some pointers on how to apply your makeup in the best and most flattering way. Related: How to Find All Natural Makeup and Avoid Toxic Chemicals
- Take Care of your Neck – It’s best to start applying moisturizer to your neck when you are younger, but if you haven’t been doing that, it’s not too late to start. Our daughter who is an esthetician (she does facials for people) got me started on neck care a few years ago. She says it’s good to get a good scrub to use on your face and neck several times a week. This gets rid of dead skin cells and freshens up your face to help you look younger. If you have an old looking neck, people will think you are older than you really are.
- Healthy Hair and the Right Hairstyle – Are you still wearing the same style you had in the 70s – or is your hair dull or gray? Do yourself a favor and get some good hair care products that will help your hair look healthy. Then find a friend who can help you pick a style that fits your face and coloring.
More Tips for Naturally Looking Younger with Over 40 Skin
Can we do anything to prevent lines and dry skin from making us look older prematurely? When we were young we thought that baby-soft skin would stay forever. We spent hours in the sun tanning to get that golden brown look.
Now many of us are wishing we hadn’t spent so much time getting that brown that is now turning to a more leathery look. Is there a way to get back some of that youthful glow and elasticity so we can look younger?
The fact is that there are two types of aging that affect our skin – intrinsic (genes) and extrinsic (external reasons, such as exposure to the sun’s rays). So we were born with some of these genes and we cause some of them by our lifestyle. While some deterioration of the skin goes along with the aging process, there are ways we can lessen its effects.
Ways to Lessen The Effects of Aging:
- Watch your repetitive facial expressions and do them less – Frowning, smiling or raising your brows repeatedly can cause those deep furrows around your eyes and mouth and across your forehead. Pay attention to yourself and notice the repetitive expressions so you can work on doing them less.
- Check your Sleeping Positions – Do you sleep on your stomach with your face pressed into the pillow or with the side of your face resting on the pillow? These positions can cause lines across your chin and cheeks. So try to sleep on your back to minimize this type of wrinkle.
- Stop Smoking – You probably already know this, but smoking can cause unsightly lines and wrinkles, not to mention a yellowish, leathery texture to your skin. When you quit smoking the lines and unhealthy coloring and texture will immediately begin to disappear.
- Wear Healthy Mineral Sunscreen – Make sure you wear sunscreen when you are outside during peak hours. It’s important to avoid chemical and spray on sunscreen. Chemicals that touch your skin get into your bloodstream in 26 seconds. So be sure you apply only mineral sunscreen from Young Living.
Did you know that spray sunscreen has been banned in Hawaii because of the damage it has done to coral reefs? If it is bad for a coral reef, then I’m sure it is bad for our bodies too. This is an easy choice, so always choose a healthy mineral sunscreen if you want to look younger.
How Estheticians Can Help Your Skin Look Younger
It’s true that you can’t do much about your genetics when it comes to aging skin, you can still take good care of your skin. If you know a good esthetician that uses natural products, you can get a regular facial to help keep your skin looking great.
My favorite esthetician is my daughter. Even if you live far away from Ohio, she does Skype sessions with clients to help them get great results. You can contact her here if you’re interested or want more information.
Newer treatments such as radiofrequency are taking the place of more invasive procedures like a complete facelift, but they are still somewhat invasive and not really great if you’re wanting to live a more natural life.
Estheticians specialize in skin and many of them use a more natural approach to helping people look younger. They are licensed by each state and they are a great resource if you’re concerned about aging skin or just want to look and feel younger.
There are newer and better treatment options becoming available all the time, and your natural esthetician should be able to suggest a treatment for you and your type of skin.
Final Thoughts About Skin and Looking Younger
In your journey to look and feel younger, don’t forget to work on your attitude. Do what you can to keep yourself upbeat and positive. Read your Bible or other good encouraging books to keep your mind fresh. And don’t forget to smile!
Here are some Bible verses to help you in your journey: