Here are some Summer activities you can do with your family because sometimes Summer comes and goes before we even have a chance to enjoy it. This year make it a Summer to remember. Here are a few activities to help you enjoy it to the fullest.
Our Favorite Summer Activities:
- Have a campfire – If you don’t have a fire pit yourself, find a friend who has one and ask to join them for an evening around the fire. Bring smores supplies and have a blast talking and eating together.
- Go swimming – If you haven’t been swimming yet this year, shame on you! Summer is for swimming so take an afternoon or evening and find a pool and swim like you did as a kid. Life is too short to not swim at least once every summer.
- Pick wildflowers – My daughter is having all wildflowers at her wedding and as we are preparing, I’m amazed at all the different varieties I have never noticed before. Get out there and smell the flowers!
- Pick some fruit – Everyone has some type of fruit that is readily available in their area. Go out and pick some right from the field or tree! Some ideas include peaches, blueberries, raspberries, melons, blackberries, and more. Look around and take your children for a drive to find real fruit they can pick from somewhere besides the grocery store.
- Fill up some water balloons and throw them! Water balloons are fun and cheap. Buy a pack at the dollar store and fill them up and have some friends over for a water balloon fight (or toss).
- Take pictures – Outdoor pictures are the best and the lighting in the summer is great. Take pictures of your family, friends and landscape. Sunsets are great to photograph. Get outside, point your camera, and click away.
- Walk around outside at night with flashlights – You’ll be amazed at what you see at night that you don’t notice during the day. Pay attention to the plants, animals and little things you see as you shine your light on a small area.
- Go to the zoo – Zoos have lots of great activities throughout the Summer. Although animals are not as active in the heat, going in the morning will probably remedy that. Maybe stop by a water park if you get too hot walking around the zoo after lunch.
Whatever summer activities you decide to do, I hope these ideas have spurred your thoughts and memories on how you can still have a great Summer before it’s over.